Spark Tech Coil on Plug with CDI Basic
Brand New Coil on Plug High Output Ignition System.
Note: JDM MR Models require custom CDIs. Please contact us prior to ordering.
Getting rid of the plug wires not only saves money, it also improves the durability of the ignition system. No high voltage wires means NO voltage leaks and NO MISFIRES due to bad plug wires. Using individual coils for each spark plug also means the coils have more time between each firing. Increasing the "coil saturation" time (the time the voltage to the coil is on to build up its magnetic field) increases the coil's output voltage at high rpm when misfire is most apt to occur under load. C.O.P ignition systems are mostly being used on new engine designs, so if you haven't seen one yet you will soon.
What is CDI?
CDI systems or Capacitive Discharge Ignition (CDI) systems store, or accumulate voltage, until a point at which a signal allows release discharge of the stored voltage to the spark plug. An after market CDI ignition system greatly increases the voltage available to the spark plug allowing for a longer, more intense spark.
The principal advantage of a capacitive discharge ignition is the ability to present a superior spark to the air/fuel mixture inside the combustion chamber thus maximizing burn efficiency. As most experienced tuners know the easiest way to get a bigger spark is to increase the spark plug gap size. However, increasing the gap distance has a direct proportional relationship to the voltage necessary to ionize the air/fuel mixture.
Engine modifications such as Larger Turbos, bigger Cams, larger intercoolers and INCREASED BOOST PRESSURE further stress an ignition systems ability to provide ample spark energy to EVENLY BURN THE MIXTURE.
Although it may sound strange, the air we breathe has electrical resistance that the ignition system must over come in order to ionize or spark across a plug. As pressure increases, the air becomes denser and provides even more resistance.
- Standard black powder coated plate
- (1) M&W Pro-12 CDi Box with manufacturer warranty (void if label is removed)
- Systems are wired with military spec Tefzel wire
- All fasteners are stainless steel allen head bolts
- Sealed marine fuse holder
- Tech support contact is included with instructions
- 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 9
What's In The Box?
- Coil on Plug System with CDI BASIC
- Instructions & tech contact info
- Connections covered with military grade heat sleeving
- Stainless Steel Allen Head bolts
- Manufacturer Standard Warranty