MAPerformance Stainless Steel Comp-Gate 40 Wastegate Eliminator Downpipe
In this installment of our never ending quest for the perfect Evo downpipe we have utilized the most compact wastegate technology currently available with the ultra-compact CompGate 40 from Turbosmart. If you're having issues with boost control and/or exhaust back pressure is overpowering the spring in your wastegate actuator preventing you from running higher boost levels this product is the answer!
We recommend running this external wastegate setup in conjunction with your factory internal wastegate for the best of both worlds in regards to spool characteristics, boost control and boost capabilities. Simply "T" the vacuum line from your boost controller to supply both wastegates, no additional modification necessary!
Please note that this product is built to order. Based on fluctuations in demand build times may vary throughout the year. Please contact an MAP sales representative for current estimations.
- Integrated O2 sensor housing reduces exhaust restrictions
- Made from 304 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance and enhanced appearance
- Mandrel bent tubing throughout optimizes exhaust flow
- Stainless steel flex section reduces stress from engine movement increasing longevity
- *Optional Turbosmart CompGate 40 waste gate for improved boost control and higher boost capabilities
- CNC 3D Countoured Flange
- Extra O2 Bung with plug
- Fits all Evolution 8 & 9 including those equipped with an Active Center Differential (ACD)
- Includes all necessary gaskets and hardware including spacers to clear the factory crossmember
Wastegate: We can include a Turbosmart CompGate 40 with your O2 eliminator for just $250. We use the 7psi spring pressure for many applications, but for higher boost applications, the Compgate40 is available with a 14psi spring!
External wastegate dump: This is the absolute best option in regards to performance as the wastegate gases never reenter the exhaust system. Please note that under full boost the exhaust will be considerably louder. This option is intended for off road use only as venting exhaust gases prior to a catalytic converter is illegal in most states.
Recirculated wastegate dump (Pictured): Standard O2 housing configurations recirculate the wastegate gases just inches away from the turbine outlet resulting in turbulence and decreased performance. Our unit recirculates the wastegate gases as far away from the turbine outlet as possible to provide you with the best possible performance without the additional noise from the external dump.
- High Flow Catalyst: Further increase exhaust flow by adding a high flow catalyst to your purchase. Please note this is a separate component.
- 2003-2006 Mitsubishi Evo 8/9
What's In The Box?
- Comp-Gate40 Wastegate Elim downpipe
- Installation Hardware
- *Optional Turbosmart Comp-Gate40
- MAP Limited Lifetime Warranty