The 2.4L stroker combines a stock 2.4L 4G64 block with an OEM 4G64 crank or a 100mm crank and stroker pistons to increase displacement. If you need to spool a large turbo quicker or increase low-end torque that's lacking due to turbo lag this is the right choice!
All Modern Automotive Performance Stroker Build Kits come with King or ACL Race Series main and rod bearings and ARP 207-5401 main studs for your application. See below for our recommended choices of cranks, rods and pistons. When you choose a MAP Stroker Kit for your build, you're only getting the best based on our experience using these products on our race cars and the hundreds of engine builds we have done over the years!
Manley Forged "Race Series" 100mm
Features include: Premium heat treated forgings; Special teardrop, diagonal oiling features not found on stock OEM style cranks; Better performance at High RPM; Stress Relieved & Shot Peened; Nitrided; 100% Magnafluxed.
- Manley Billet "Turbo Tuff" 100mm Manley Turbo Tuff Series Billet Mitsubishi crankshafts now feature uniquely designed, ultra-lightweight, fully contoured counterweights resulting in reduced windage and maximum performance. Features include: 4340 Billet ; Multi-step heat treatment process; Stress Relieved and Shot Peened; Nitrided; 100% Magnafluxed; Special teardrop diagonal oiling; Knife-edged counterweights.
- Eagle 4340 Forged 100mm Eagle crankshafts are forged from SAE 4340 steel, feature a non-twist forging, multi-stage heat treat process, stress relieving, shot-peening, and nitriding for superior strength and reliability in the most demanding applications. Each journal is micropolished to a 3 r.a. or better. A .125" radius is used to increase strength, so chamfered bearings must be used. These are the perfect choice for applications up to 1500HP.
- OEM (Customer Supplied)
- Manley 150mm H-Beam Manley "H" Beam connecting rods are manufactured from 4340 forgings to the same exacting standards developed and approved by our original equipment customers. There is a vast difference in quality between a Manley "H" Beam and the "other" inexpensive H-Beams on the market. Weight matched to +/- 1.5 grams. Perfectly round big and small ends. Bend and twist is tightly controlled. Cap fasteners are 3/8" ARP 2000 for the "H" Beam and 3/8" ARP Custom Age 625+ for the H-Plus.
- Eagle 150mm H-Beam Eagle H-Beam connecting rods are forged from SAE 4340 steel for superior strength. 3/8" ARP 2000 bolts and alignment sleeves are used for durability and precise cap location. Sets are weight matched to +/- 1g. Sizing is performed on the unique Sunnen Krossgrinding system for a perfect housing bore. These are the perfect choice for up to 900HP.
Wiseco Sport Compact pistons are made from dedicated forgings produced in-house to give you a light weight piston with superior strength and optimal design. With Wiseco being the multivalve piston technology leader, the line features specially designed valve pockets, complex dome and crown shapes, the steel nitride/napier xx rings and optimized skirt profiles. The pistons come standard with their ArmorGlide coating material for reduced friction and noise, freeing up horsepower.
- Wiseco Standard Forged / 87.0mm Bore (.020" Over)
Based on the usage of the early 4g63 rod bearings the MAP connecting rods will ONLY work when utilized with an OEM Mitsubishi crankshaft.