Stage 2 4G63 7-Bolt Stroker Kit 2.3L
If you need to handle more power than our Stage 1 kit can, this is what you're looking for! The Stage 2 kit upgrades the rods from H-beams to I-beams and replaces the standard Wiseco pistons with the HD equivalents.
All Modern Automotive Performance Stroker Build Kits come with King or ACL Race Series main and rod bearings and ARP 207-5401 main studs for your application. See below for our recommended choices of cranks, rods and pistons. When you choose a MAP Stroker Kit for your build, you're only getting the best based on our experience using these products on our race cars and the hundreds of engine builds we have done over the years!
- Features include: Premium heat treated forgings; Special teardrop, diagonal oiling features not found on stock OEM style cranks; Better performance at High RPM; Stress Relieved & Shot Peened; Nitrided; 100% Magnafluxed.
- Manley Billet "Turbo Tuff" 100mm Manley Turbo Tuff Series Billet Mitsubishi crankshafts now feature uniquely designed, ultra-lightweight, fully contoured counterweights resulting in reduced windage and maximum performance.
- Features include: 4340 Billet ; Multi-step heat treatment process; Stress Relieved and Shot Peened; Nitrided; 100% Magna-fluxed; Special teardrop diagonal oiling; Knife-edged counterweights.
- Eagle 4340 Forged 100mm Eagle crankshafts are forged from SAE 4340 steel, feature a non-twist forging, multi-stage heat treat process, stress relieving, shot-peening, and nitriding for superior strength and reliability in the most demanding applications. Each journal is micro polished to a 3 r.a. or better. A .125" radius is used to increase strength, so chamferred bearings must be used. These are the perfect choice for applications up to 1500HP.
- OEM (Customer Supplied)
- Manley 150mm I-Beam Manley Pro Series connecting rods are forged from aircraft quality 4340 vacuum degassed material. Each rod is fully machined in the Manley Lakewood, NJ factory to the highest standards. Their signature "Turbo-Tuff" design combines the appropriate weight and rugged strength for ultimate horsepower applications. Each rod is shot peened after machining and magna-fluxed. Bores are round and without taper. Bend and twist is tightly controlled. Cap fasteners are 3/8" APR 2000 cap screws.
- MAP Ultimate Duty 150mm Billet Steel (OEM crankshafts only)The research phase for these connecting rods consisted of a process called Finite Element Analysis which helped us to determine the weakest points of the factory connecting rod design. Using that information we developed a prototype using state-of-the-art CNC equipment that included the finest high nickel AQ4340 billet steel material, Ampco 18 bronze wrist-pin bushings, Manton alignment sleeves, and massive 7/16" ARP 2000 series fasteners. In the final development phase the prototype was heat treated, fully stress relieved, and shot-peened to ensure that no stress risers or surface imperfections remain. The end result: A 652 gram connecting rod that we feel is the strongest and most reliable steel connecting rod available on the market for this application.
Wiseco Sport Compact pistons are made from dedicated forgings produced in-house to give you a light weight piston with superior strength and optimal design. With Wiseco being the multi-valve piston technology leader, the line features specially designed valve pockets, complex dome and crown shapes, the steel nitride/napier xx rings and optimized skirt profiles. The pistons come standard with their Armor Glide coating material for reduced friction and noise, freeing up horsepower.
- Wiseco 1400HD / 85.0mm Bore (Standard Bore)
- Wiseco 1400HD / 85.5mm Bore (.020" Over)
- Wiseco 1400HD / 86.0mm Bore (.040" Over)
Based on the usage of the early 4g63 rod bearings the MAP connecting rods will ONLY work when utilized with an OEM Mitsubishi crankshaft.
- 1993-1999 7-Bolt DSM
- 1992-2006 Mitsubishi Evo 1-9
What's In The Box?
- (1) Crankshaft
- (4) Pistons with Rings
- (4) Connecting Rods
- Main and Rod Bearings
- ARP Studs
- Individual Manufacturer Standard Warranties