Pistons are the backbone of any true hardcore racing engine and thatâ€™s where CP-Carrillo excels. Our Engineering department started off analyzing the competition, gathering industry data and deciding to make the highest level of pistons, period. The heart and soul of our pistons are built through our Engineering Department and its resources. This department is made up of several factors that push them ahead of the competition; Reverse Engineering, Design Experience and Flexibility, Analysis and R&D. As in racing, it takes a lot to be number one; here at CP-Carrillo we have it all and are number one in piston design, enabling our customers to come in first on race day.
- High Strength Aluminum forgings
- Super Lightweight designs
- Fully CNC Machined and balanced to +/- 1 gram
- Pin lock grooves for easy lock removal
- Anti-Detonation Grooves protect the top ring by disrupting detonation waves. Limiting the piston/cylinder contact during high temperature and RPM.
- A V shaped Accumulator Groove machined in the 2nd ring land to collect excess blow-by between the top and second ring. This groove collects residual gasses during combustion and alleviates top ring flutter while increasing ring seal.
- A Constant Pressure Groove works as a channel on the lower part of the top land that equalizes pressure to the back of the top ring groove. When used in combination with lateral gas ports, the CP groove helps keep gas ports clear of carbon build up. In addition, the CP groove prevents the top land from smudging into the top ring if the land rubs the cylinder bore.
- Double Pin Oilers in conjunction with their dual fed reservoir add twice the amount of oil from the cylinder wall to the wrist pin.
- 1995-1999 2G DSM
- 2003-2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 8/9
What's in the box?
- CP Pistons Aluminum Forged Piston Set 88.5mm 9.0:1 C/R
- Includes piston rings, wrist pins, and circlips