Darton Dry SleevesÂ 85mm - 86mm
Dry sleeves are named so because the sleeve body is not exposed to any cooling liquid within the block and is always installed in a block with an interference fit. The usual interference value depends on the application and method of install. Darton recommends .001 - .002 interference on like material, i.e. iron sleeves in an iron block. When dissimilar materials are involved such as iron sleeves in aluminum blocks, and interference of as much as .003 can be used, however, differential temperatures must be used for installation and the block must be perfectly prepared both dimensionally and surface finish.
Darton Sleeve Features
- Cast iron performance in an aluminum block
- Improved block integral strength
- Improved cooling
- Kits can be installed by your local machine shop
- "Wet sleeve" replace-ability
- Full installation manual available on website
- Increased horsepower output potential
- High boost and horsepower potential
- Superior oil and compression control
- Superior cylinder sealing and ring wear
- Street or strip application
- Bulletproof Darton ductile iron
- 130,000-psi tensile strength
Darton Sleeve Specifications
- Bore Size:Â 85mm-86mm
- O.D.:Â 3.480"
- Wall Thk:Â 0.071"
- Length:Â 5.875"
- Flange Thk:Â 0.132"
- Flange Dia:Â 3.729"
- Mitsubishi 4G63 (85-86mm Bore)
What's In The Box?
- (4)Â Sleeves
- Manufacturer Standard Warranty